I have a healthy appetite for design — and I like good food too! From book design to web design, barnding, illustration or typography: I want more!
I possess strategic problem solving skills, an eye for good style, and will do what is necessary to get the job done right. I get excited about learning new things, enjoy variety, and welcome new experiences, opportunities and challenges.
I want to partner with great people, to push and support one another's creativity. Give me a shout if you'd like to collaborate.
Summary of Qualifications
Creative professional, highly experienced in working with dynamic content and the creation of pixel-perfect designs from concept to completion. Possesses an eye for detail while exhibiting a strong ability for multi-tasking and prioritizing. Organized, quick and eager learner demonstrating adaptability and the desire to learn and experience new things.
Software and Programming Experience
Web Designer and Developer • Kiar Media LLC • De Pere, WI • 6/2019-Present
- Designing, developing and maintaining business and eCommerce websites, including backing-up and launching.
- Writing, troubleshooting and proofing code for consistent representation across supported devices and browser platforms.
- Programing and updating existing sites to comply with ADA standards.
- Responsible for SEO initiatives, including email promotions and back-end programming.
Creative Designer • Oshkosh Designs • Winneconne, WI • 12/2015-2/2020
- Managed the company’s eCommerce website, of which saw a growth in revenue of nearly 300% over one year!
- Designed print and digital sales collateral for business-to-business and direct-to-consumer marketing.
- Performed in-studio and off-site product photography, including photo manipulation.
- Participated in product development, including creation of vector art for numerous custom floor designs.
- Managed remote staff for back-end development, video and editorial initiatives.
Freelance Creative/Interactive Designer • Shopko • Green Bay, WI • Intermittently 8/2011-5/2016
- Designed advertising collateral for more than 340 stores, generating annual sales exceeding $3 billion.
- Influenced the design direction of the company’s website, mobile app and email marketing.
- Provided art direction for photo styling with emphasis on retail advertising.
- Supported in-house advertising and eCommerce staff during periods of overload and peak seasons.
- Trained newly hired staff in department operations.
Art Director • Nature's Pathways • Appleton, WI • 6/2011-4/2015
- Managed design staff for three monthly magazines with circulation of over 110,000 readers.
- Communicated clearly with clients relating to the development of their ad designs.
- Art direction, styling and assistance on photo shoots.
- Advanced company branding via the design of promotional materials, including media kits and event displays.
- Developed and directed marketing strategies on company website, email blasts and social media.
Graphic Designer • F+W Media, Inc. • Iola, WI • 6/2006-1/2011
- Designed several A-list books each year, including covers, interiors and promotional materials. Had books featured on Good Morning America on two separate occasions. Additionally, received numerous positive reviews of book’s aesthetics by Amazon.com reviewers.
- Collaborated with staff to develop and execute a marketing plan for each project.
- Provided detailed art direction and oversaw photo shoots.
- Promoted design contact for Goldmine: The Music Collectors’ Magazine. Lead magazine’s redesign, and conceptualized designs for numerous successful magazine covers, articles, web ads and email blasts.
Masters of Fine Arts Degree • Academy of Art University • San Francisco, CA • 1/2009-12/2014
- Pursuing a degree in Web Design and New Media, maintaining 4.0 GPA. 15 of 36 credits completed.
- Studying web technologies, programming, responsive design, mobile applications, UX and usability.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree • University of Wisconsin Oshkosh • Oshkosh, WI • 9/2001-5/2006
- Emphases in both Graphic Design and Photography.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.475.
I love my profession and the products I produce! My favorite thing about being a designer is the variety of subject matter I've been able to work with. There's always a puzzle to be solved and multiple solutions. The objective is to find the best solution, one that sparks interest, captures attention and conveys the intended message.
From the early stages of development, to project planning, client interaction and execution, I want it all. I am a divergent thinker, challenging myself to come up with a diverse set of solutions for the question at hand. Organization and productivity are strong priorities for me, and I am continually looking for ways to further develop my skillset.
My ideal work environment is one where I would be able to collaborate with other creative-minded individuals. I work well independently, but appreciate the support and push that a team-oriented atmosphere provides.
My other roles include the following: mother of Josie Rockstar and Lita Sunshine, wife to a fun (and handsome) man with a great sense of humor, and daughter of a humanitarian who teaches and supports many around the world. I'm a fortunate and grateful person.
If you're interested, here are a few random facts. I want to have a vegetable garden this year. I practice yoga and am interested in alternative medicine. I like to cook and am particularly good at making homemade alfredo sauce. My favorite band is the Foo Fighters, but I enjoy a wide variety of music (except country, sorry). I love tie-dye. I wear silver, but not gold. My favorite color is green. I prefer to drive a manual transmission car. My favorite thing to do is relax at my summer home (a trailer by the river). That's all for now :)
Thanks for visiting!